Clemson running back enters transfer portal

Caleb Browder, Alum

Clemson running back Kobe Pace (20) takes a handoff against Wake Forest in Memorial Stadium on Nov. 20, 2021.

Clemson running back Kobe Pace took to Twitter on Monday to announce that he is entering the transfer portal.
Playing behind Will Shipley and Phil Mafah and dealing with an ankle injury this season, Pace ran for 77 yards and three touchdowns on 30 attempts. In last week’s ACC Championship game, he had three carries for three yards. 
“I want to thank Clemson for giving me the opportunity to pursue my dream academically & athletically, to all the coaches that helped me along my journey I appreciate you dearly,” Pace said. “To all my brothers i’ve made on this journey.. I love you all! We have built forever lasting friendships and for that I am thankful. I pray nothing but the best for you all!
“After praying and asking God for help as well as talking to my family, I have decided to enter the transfer portal. This was not an easy decision but I feel it is the best for me and my career.”
Pace had a productive sophomore campaign last year, recording 772 total yards and six touchdowns in 11 games (six starts).