Clemson ice hockey’s AAU Nationals schedule released

Ellie Godwin // Provided

Clemson defensemen Christian Romeo (17) and Brian Blomquist (6) skate the puck out of the defensive zone during the Tigers’ matchup against South Carolina on Jan. 28, 2023. 

The Collegiate Hockey Federation announced the pool play matchups for the upcoming AAU National Championship tournament on Monday. 

There are eight pools, each consisting of four teams from varying conferences. No. 31 Clemson (9-11-0) is the fourth seed in Pool B, alongside No. 2 Niagara (20-4-0) as the first seed, No. 15 Penn State Harrisburg (21-6-1) as the second seed, and No. 23 Fredonia State (7-7-0) as the third seed.

Pool play will begin on Friday, March 10, and conclude on Sunday, March 12. Clemson will open the pool play round against Niagara on day one, followed by a matchup against Penn State Harrisburg on day two. Finally, Clemson will take on Fredonia State to finish off the pool-play round of the tournament. 

After the pool play round, the quarterfinals will take place on March 13, followed by the semi-finals on March 14. The championship game is set to take place on March 15, and that is when the 2023 National Champions will be crowned.

Before the tournament, Clemson will face off against South Carolina for the Tigers’ last regular season game on March 3.