Clemson golf takes fourth, Pancake second overall in Clover Cup

mk. s // Unsplash

Clemson’s women’s golf placed fourth in the 2023 Clover Cup at Longbow Golf Club this past weekend, with Annabelle Pancake finishing No. 2 overall. 

The 14-team pool brought in plenty of competition on the par-72 course, but Pancake held out to shoot under in each of her three rounds for the weekend, finishing with a 4-under-par 68. The junior finished just one stroke behind first place Tennessee’s Angela Arora. Pancake also shot for back-to-back birdies on holes 8 and 9 in the third round.  

Behind Pancake, Tigers’ Chloe Holder finished 19th with 2-over 218. Savannah Grewal tied for 20th at 3-over, and Katherine Schuster and Melena Barrientos tied for 38th with 9-over. 

This marks the program’s first top-five finish since September’s Cougar Classic in Charleston, South Carolina, where they placed second of 18 teams. 

The women’s team will host the Clemson Invitational at the Reserve on Lake Keowee in Sunset, South Carolina, on March 25-27.