Former Clemson quarterback goes pro

Kelly Bryant // Instagram

Former Clemson signal caller Kelly Bryant (2) will look to start with a clean slate, joining XFL’s Arlington Renegades.

The XFL’s Arlington Renegades (3-4) have announced they are signing former Clemson starting quarterback Kelly Bryant.
This news comes shortly after Bryant participated in tryouts for the WWE.
Bryant played at Clemson from 2015-2018 before transferring to Missouri for his final season. During his time at Clemson, Bryant accumulated 3,338 passing yards and 16 passing touchdowns. He also rushed for 973 yards and 16 rushing touchdowns.
Bryant earned the starting spot for the Tigers in 2017 and led the team to an ACC Championship victory over Miami. Clemson would go on to lose to Alabama in the first round of the playoffs later that year.
In the following season, Bryant lost his starting position to future number-one overall draft pick Trevor Lawrence. This led Bryant to transfer to Missouri, where he would throw for 15 touchdowns and 2,215 yards while adding 1 rushing touchdown and 242 rushing yards.
After his college career, Bryant went undrafted in the NFL. He was later signed by the Toronto Argonauts of the CFL, as well as the Bismarck Bucks of the Indoor Football League and the Zappers of the Fan Controlled Football League.
The Renegades sit just one game behind the Houston Roughnecks in the south division of the XFL and signed Bryant following the injury of starting quarterback Drew Plitt.