Club gymnastics takes fourth as team, first all-around at Nationals

Clemson club gymnastics put on an impressive show at Nationals this weekend, taking home fourth as a team and first all-around. 
Eugene Lim // Unsplash

MEMPHIS, TN, APRIL 2 — Clemson’s club gymnastics team finished fourth overall at the NAIGC championship this past weekend, with Tiger Jenna Grossmann taking first overall in all-around. 
The A Team’s eight-gymnast roster qualified for the finals, with four qualifying individually as well. Grossmann pushed the Tigers into medal-receiving territory, ultimately allowing the team to finish fourth overall for the weekend with an all-around score of 111.15.
Grossmann placed first out of 66 other gymnasts in her women’s division at the meet. Her near-perfect first-place score of 9.950 on floor solidified her win, but she was an all-around champion. Grossman scored a 9.500 on vault and placed second overall on beam with a 9.525. She also received second on bars with her 9.625 score. 
Fellow Tiger Maggie Marte took the title of Beam Collegiate National Champion for the Tigers. Marte scored an impressive 9.625 for her beam performance to earn first in the event.  
Club gymnastics is open to men and women, competitive and noncompetitive. If interested in joining, members are required to attend eight practices a month, two fundraisers and two meets per year, according to he team’s website. Its practice facility is located in Easley and Pendleton. Contact information can be found via their Instagram, @cugymnastics, or their TigerQuest profile.