Sounds of the summer: Albums coming out in summer 2023

Imagine the smell of salty air, the feeling of a sun-kissed nose and the sound of waves crashing in the distance. Now all you need is the perfect summer jam. Whether you listen to pop, hip-hop, jazz, country or rock ‘n’ roll, everyone has that one song that makes the summer special. If you still haven’t found this year’s staple, don’t sweat it because a variety of new albums are being released from May through June.
May 5
Ed Sheeran — “Subtract”
This album brings an end to Sheeran’s mathematical album era and includes songs about growing up and being comfortable with the stage of life you’re in.
May 12
The Jonas Brothers — “The Album”
Let’s welcome back to The Jonas Brothers. This is the band’s first album since their reunion four years ago.
May 19
Dave Matthews Band — “Walk Around the Moon”
The indie band’s new album was shaped during the pandemic but reflects on the issues of the modern day and expresses hope for finding common ground.
“The Little Mermaid” soundtrack
With this new film brings a whole new world of music. From the original music we have grown to love to new songs, all audience members get to experience something new alongside the film.
Summer Walker — “Clear 2: Soft Life”
The R&B singer is releasing her second album after tremendous success following the release of her first album. This tracklist has significantly more songs than the previous album.
May 26
Tyler Posey — “Unravel”
Unravel is the “Teen Wolf” star’s debut album. The album contains numerous different genres, so there will be something for everyone to enjoy.
June 5
Jason Isbell and The 400 Unit — “Weathervanes”
The band’s new 13-track record includes songs about boundaries, maturing and learning to love yourself.