Tigers fail to record a hit, fall to Duke in ACC Championship semis

Ashleigh Snyder // Contributor

Clemson recorded no hits against Duke in the ACC Championship semifinals on May 12, 2023. 

Clemson failed to record a single hit against Duke on Friday as the Tigers fell to the Blue Devils 2-0 in the semifinals of the ACC Championship in South Bend, Indiana.

All in all, the Tigers had 20 at-bats, only two of which resulted in a batter getting on base. Shortstop Alia Logoleo and third baseman Reedy Davenport both got on base on hit-by-pitches.

Duke pitcher Cassidy Curd gave Clemson fits all day, pitching the no-hitter and recording eight strikeouts in 7.0 innings pitched.

Meanwhile, Mille Thompson got the start for Clemson before Brooke McCubbin took over in the third inning. McCubbin gave up one hit and one run and recorded three strikeouts in 4.0 innings pitched. Thompson received the loss in the circle, allowing four hits and one run in 2.0 innings pitched. 

With the semifinals defeat, Clemson failed to make the ACC Championship finals after reaching it the last two seasons. 

The Tigers will know their postseason fate on Sunday when the NCAA Tournament seedings and matchups are revealed.