Clemson fires OC Brandon Streeter, expected to hire TCU’s Garrett Riley

Katie Bradham // Senior Photographer

Clemson has fired offensive coordinator Brandon Streeter after just one season in the position, according to reports. 

Clemson has parted ways with offensive coordinator Brandon Streeter, Clemson football announced on Thursday.

After just one season in the position, Streeter will no longer serve as the Tigers’ play-caller. 
“I am incredibly appreciative of Brandon for all he accomplished at Clemson in his 15 years as a player, graduate assistant, position coach and offensive coordinator,” head coach Dabo Swinney said in a press release. “I am thankful for Brandon and love him and his family. He has always represented Clemson University with great pride, and I know he will continue to do great things.
“As the leader of this program, I am accountable for our staff and accountable for our results, and though we took a step forward offensively in 2022, after evaluating our offense in-depth, I felt it was in the best interest of our program to seek new leadership at that position. These decisions are never easy, but it is my job to evaluate and assess every part of our program every year, and this was just the right time to make a change.
“I look forward to bringing in a dynamic, proven leader at offensive coordinator with the specific purpose of meeting — and raising — the standard of excellence that has been established at Clemson. I passionately believe in our staff and in the young men in our program and am excited about the opportunity to see them grow even more in 2023.”
In light of the news, the Clemson University Board of Trustees Compensation Committee will meet on Friday at 4:05 p.m. EST to discuss a football assistant coach contract and will hire TCU offensive coordinator Garrett Riley, brother of USC head coach Lincoln Riley, according to Tiger Illustrated’s Larry Williams.

Before taking over for Tony Elliott, who left to become Virginia’s head coach, Streeter was Clemson’s quarterback coach and passing game coordinator. He also played quarterback at Clemson from 1997-1999 and started in his last two seasons. 
This is a developing story. The Tiger will provide updates with additional information as it becomes available.