Clemson men’s soccer shuts out Presbyterian

Toby Corriston
Clemson defender Enrique Montana III recorded one assist in the Tigers’ 6-0 win over Presbyterian on Tuesday.

Clemson men’s soccer shut out Presbyterian on Tuesday, defeating the Blue Hose 6-0 in the Tigers’ fourth match of the season.

The Tigers (2-1-1) quickly ran away with the game, as the squad found themselves up 3-0 in just over 20 minutes of play.

Clemson forward Mohamed Seye buried the ball in the back corner of Presbyterian’s goal 15 minutes into the match for the Tigers’ first goal of the game. Nathan Richmond then scored when he took the ball from near midfield and put the ball into the net to give the Tigers an early 2-0 lead. Less than three minutes after Richmond’s goal, Seye scored again off an assist from Richmond to extend the team’s lead to 3-0.

Presbyterian roused a sizable defense after the Tigers’ initial three scores, denying all other attacks on goal for the remainder of the first half and mounting a decent effort of its own upfield.

However, Clemson would not leave the door open, as 10 minutes into the second half, Seye cemented his first hat trick of the season, putting the Tigers up 4-0. Pape Mar Boye followed up less than two minutes later with a fantastic strike-off on assists from Tyler Trimnal and Elton Chifamba.

At this point in the match, coach Mike Noonan began substituting players in order to take full advantage of the rest of the game. The icing on the cake came in the 78th minute when Wofford transfer Wrobel netted a penalty kick to lock up the 6-0 shutout of the Presbyterian College Blue Hose.

Clemson goalkeeper Joseph Andema held his own for the entire game, keeping a clean sheet until he was eventually pulled nearly 65 minutes into the game.

Clemson United continues its campaign this weekend in South Bend, Indiana, where it will take on No. 20 Notre Dame at 7 p.m. on Saturday.