Clemson YAF to host Michael Knowles

Daily Wire personality Michael Knowles is set to speak live on campus this Wednesday on the topic “MEN ARE NOT WOMEN.”

Clemson’s chapter of Young Americans for Freedom, which is new to campus this semester, is hosting the event on Wednesday at 7 p.m. at the Strom Thurmond Institute.

​​Knowles is an author, podcast host, conservative political commentator and host of “The Michael Knowles Show.” He will speak about gender ideology at the event, a topic he believes to be an internal “identity crisis.”

“We should not delude people who don’t know who they are. We should help them and then correct them. Men who think they’re women are suffering from a crisis of identity and they’re not the only ones,” Knowles said during a speech at Purdue University in March.

Following his talk, Knowles will participate in a Q&A discussion with members of the audience. The event will also be live-streamed on the YAFtv YouTube channel.

Doors open at 6 p.m. for Clemson students and 6:15 p.m. for the general public.

“There is a zero-tolerance policy for any harmful behavior or activity,” YAF shared in an email to ticket holders. “Disrupters will be removed from the event and are subject to prosecution of local, state, and federal laws. Disruptive behavior is subject to the discretion of the Clemson University Police Department (CUPD), additional security, and university guidelines.”

For those unable to get a ticket, there will be a standby list, and open seats will be released up to 30 minutes prior to the event.

The Clemson Young Democratic Socialists of America club voiced opposition to the event on its Instagram account.

“We are disgusted at the decision by Young Americans for Freedom to have Micheal Knowles, a fascist that has called for the eradication of trans people to Clemson University,” the post says.

“[W]e implore you to reserve a ticket to either attend and show Michael he is not welcome, or fill the arena in the hopes that his speech yields as little participants as possible,” the caption added. “Be there on December 6th and help show this asshole that HE AND HIS BELIEFS ARE NOT WELCOME AT CLEMSON UNIVERSITY.”

Knowles has faced backlash from people at other universities across the country.

At his event at the University of Pittsburgh in April, a major protest took place outside the event, and smoke bombs were set off, The College Fix reported.

For tickets to the event, fill out the form here.