Clemson vs. USC STI testing competition to take place in February

CAN Community Health // Courtesy

Clemson students will have the opportunity to compete against the University of South Carolina and receive free and confidential sexually transmitted infection testing.

The CAN Community Health bus will be outside Redfern on Feb. 6. to provide these testing services in a competition between the two in-state schools, according to an email sent to students on Jan. 9.

CAN Community Health works “to inspire and contribute to the health and well-being of those affected by HIV, Hepatitis C, and other sexually transmitted diseases by providing the best care through outreach, integrated clinical practice, advocacy, education, and research,” the organization’s website states.

The private, not-for-profit organization offers online prevention programs to reduce the risk of STI transmission. It also has a “PrEP Program” where individuals may be supplied a “pre-exposure prophylaxis” pill for free to protect themselves from HIV. More information about CAN Community Health and its services can be found on its website.

Clemson Student Health Services provides information about STI testing, contraception and general sexual health on its website.