Haley addresses 2024 campaign on Clemson’s campus

Ashleigh Snyder
GOP presidential primary and Clemson alumna Nikki Haley addressed the Clemson community on Tuesday night.

Speaking from the pavilion outside the Madren Conference Center, former governor and Clemson University alumna Nikki Haley addressed a rally of excited supporters on Tuesday.

Approaching the Madren Center, visitors were met by a stream of cars lining Old Stadium Road filled to the brim with supporters local to the Clemson area.

Attendees of the event expressed their excitement about Haley, with one saying, “I came here to bring my daughter to see a strong woman.”

Riding in on an entourage of golf carts, Haley began stirring the crowd of supporters, talking about her history as a Clemson graduate and reminiscing on her past as a Tiger.

“I spent a lot of time taking classes, rooming at the Shoeboxes and meeting my husband here in this home,” she said.

Transitioning to campaign success and goals, Haley slammed her primary opponent by comparing Trump and President Biden to “two old guys fighting who cause chaos.”

Having maintained a substantial lead in polls throughout South Carolina, Haley’s opponent, former President Donald Trump, also held a rally nearby at the Greenville Town Hall.

Harkening back to her heated primary season of debates, Haley pointed out her willingness to stay on the campaign trail, saying, “We beat a dozen of fellas, but we just got one more fella to take down.”

Haley discussed a wide range of issues, including her goals looking towards the Oval Office, such as social security, Veterans Affairs healthcare, illegal immigration, the fentanyl crisis, small business and much more.

In an interview with The Tiger, Haley personally expressed her goals of supporting and including young, first-time voters.

“I want you to know that you’re going to be supported, be capable of paying your bills, and have hope… we want young people to feel included, not excluded.”