Clemson lands former Georgia commit

After+offering+safety+Tae+Harris+just+one+day+after+he+decommitted+from+Georgia%2C+head+coach+Dabo+Swinney+moved+Clemson+ahead+on+his+shortlist+of+schools%2C+leading+to+his+commitment+to+the+Tigers+earlier+this+week.+
After offering safety Tae Harris just one day after he decommitted from Georgia, head coach Dabo Swinney moved Clemson ahead on his shortlist of schools, leading to his commitment to the Tigers earlier this week.

On Monday morning, former University of Georgia commit Tae Harris announced his commitment to Clemson. The safety out of Cedartown, Georgia, chose the Tigers over the likes of Georgia Tech, LSU, Ole Miss and others.

Clemson offered just a day after his decommitment, catapulting the Tigers to be a frontrunner in his recruitment. In addition to pursuing Harris immediately after his decommitment, Clemson consistently displayed genuine interest in Harris.

After his most recent visit on March 9, Harris realized Clemson was truly different from other programs.

“I’m a priority on campus, and I appreciate that they have a good thing going on down there, with high-character people, great men,” Harris told 247Sports. “It’s home!”

The Georgia product stands at 5-foot-11, with a 200-pound frame, and is the No. 11 safety in the 2025 cycle, according to 247Sports’ rankings. During his junior season, Harris was utilized on both sides of the ball — he totaled 44 tackles, three forced fumbles and six pass breakups on defense, in addition to over 600 scrimmage yards and nine touchdowns on offense.

Harris has also impressed many scouts at training camps, where he has displayed his football IQ and explosiveness in the secondary.

“Harris was excellent in one-on-ones at the Under Armour Miami Regional and didn’t give up many, if any, completions,” said Andrew Ivins of 247Sports. “No defensive back had as good of a one-on-one session as Harris, who was super effective in press-man coverage.”

Harris is the seventh top 200 recruit to announce his pledge to Clemson in the 2025 cycle. The Tigers currently sit as the third-ranked class, behind Notre Dame and LSU, though time will tell if they move ahead.