The Chronicle celebrates 125 years

The Chronicle has been serving Clemson University for over a century as the student art and literary magazine. On Wednesday, April 20, folks gathered to celebrate the 125th anniversary of The Chronicle in conjunction with the release of their Spring 2022 issue.  

A ceremony to celebrate this major accomplishment was held in the Barnes Center where students and staff were welcomed to join in the fun with food and a photo booth. Those in attendance were also able to view some literary and visual works submitted by students.  

Guests also received art from previous editions in scrapbooks and signs as they entered, and they were greeted by current members of The Chronicle’s staff. Copies of this semester’s edition were available on tables for people to read and take with them as well.  

This was the first opportunity to view this semester’s edition of The Chronicle, which strives to emphasize the importance of the arts in all different ways. This biannual magazine provides students the chance to submit their work each semester.  

“It is really an honor and a pleasure to be able to create a platform to celebrate this kind of stuff on campus,” said Caroline Morales, editor-in-chief of The Chronicle. “Everybody is an artist and a writer and to have a privilege to celebrate that is amazing. We’re hopefully going to be around for 125 more!”  

Featuring an introductory letter from Morales, the 125th anniversary issue includes traditional content but also looks to the future for the years of publications to come. 

Utilizing social media, the work of current editors and previous artists have been shared to commemorate the different styles that have made The Chronicle what it is today. 

You can find a copy of The Chronicle at stands across campus throughout the rest of the semester.