Clemson parts ways with Monte Lee

Caleb Browder, Contributor

Clemson baseball head coach Monte Lee was fired from the program on Tuesday, May 31, 2022 after seven seasons with the Tigers.

Clemson Athletics has announced a change in leadership for the baseball program.
After seven seasons with Clemson, head coach Monte Lee has been fired, athletic director Graham Neff announced on Tuesday. Lee led the Tigers to a 35-23 record in 2022, missing the NCAA Tournament for the second consecutive year and finishing 11th in the ACC.
“Monte [Lee] and his staff have been nothing but professional in their approach to Clemson Baseball, and we appreciate the manner in which they’ve represented Clemson University,” said Neff. “The expectations for Clemson Baseball are very high, and the team’s recent on-field performance has not met those of our administration, our coaching staff, our student-athletes or our loyal fanbase.”
In his seven years as head coach, Lee was 242-136 and made the NCAA Tournament from 2016 to 2019, winning the ACC Championship game in 2016.
With the change in leadership for the program, Neff and the athletic department will begin a national search for a new head coach while assistant coach Bradley LeCroy and director of operations Brad Owens handle operations.