Tiger Briefs: CU 1000 course changes and more academic updates

CU 1000 changes to include mental health and recycling topics 
Clemson Undergraduate Student Government is collaborating with the University to add information about mental health resources on campus in the CU 1000 course, along with how recycling works on Clemson’s campus. The project is in the very beginning stages, according to Student Senator Leah Terry at the CUSG meeting on Oct. 3. 
The purpose of CU 1000, a pass/no pass course, is to introduce new students to Clemson’s student success resources along with community standards and values. CU 1000 is a hybrid course, meaning that some modules are completed online while others require in-person attendance, according to the Academic Success Center.
Spring 2023 ‘Plan Ahead’ now open
On Oct. 5, the “Plan Ahead” for Spring 2023 opened in iROAR, allowing students to plan their future academic schedules for the next semester. Each student is allotted two plans for the upcoming semester prior to their assigned registration time. Time tickets are scheduled to be updated on Nov. 1, according to the Registrar’s office.
Registration is scheduled to open on Nov. 9, according to Student Senator Elizabeth Zarrilli, the chair of the Student Senate Academic Affairs committee.
Capital Improvement is still looking for project submissions
This year, $70,000 has been allocated by CUSG to facilitate the allocation of funds to student-led projects and initiatives that will help improve Clemson’s campus. This process is called Capital Improvement, and the application is open now and will close on Dec. 9, 2022, at 11:59 pm. In early February, CUSG will decide which projects to fund, and then allocate this year’s budget accordingly, which was promoted by the CUSG Senate Secretary, Amanda Murray, at the Oct. 3 meeting. Contact Secretary Murray at [email protected] with questions.