Tiger Briefs: Dockside move-in, Clemson drops to No. 31 public university

Dockside residents move in

Dockside Residents were finally able to move in on Sunday after a month of construction delays. This occurred after Dockside was able to obtain a temporary certificate of occupancy from SC DHEC and the City of Clemson. 

Fall plant sale hosted

The South Carolina Botanical Garden are hosting a bi-annual plant sale. There will be a large variety of annuals, herbs, fruit, hard to find natives etc. The plant sale is open for garden members on Sept. 23 from 2 pm – 6 pm. The public sale is on Sept. 24 from 9 am. to 1 pm. 

Clemson hosted annual improv show for underclassmen

Clemson improv troupe Mock Turtle Soup held their first show of the year on Friday. Their performance contained short-form improvised skits and a long-form play and was followed by an R-rated after-show. Their next show will be Sept. 30th at 7PM in Lee 111—tickets will be sold for $2 at the door. 

Clemson drops to No. 31 in U.S. News & World Report rankings

Clemson has again been named the top national public university in South Carolina in the 2023 U.S. News & World Report annual rankingsClemson tied for No. 31 among national public institutions out of 227 universities, according to the publication. Industrial engineering and accounting were highlighted as top programs, recognized specifically through nomination by other institutions. Clemson’s undergraduate business program moved up 13 places from 2022 to 2023, and undergraduate nursing moved up seven places. Clemson’s industrial engineering program is now ranked No. 16 in the nation among national universities, moving up five spots to break the top 20 in the category.