Track and field athletes have record days at Clemson Invitational

Say Cheeze Studios, Unsplash
Track and field stock

In last weekend’s Clemson Invitational, the Tigers made an impressive finish and many athletes had school records. 

On Friday, there were three Clemson all-time top-10 finishes, including freshman thrower Marie Forbes.  

She threw a distance of 19.75 meters and now holds the fourth-place record at the Clemson Facility. This is her second time making the school record list this season, and with her new PR, she is now ranked eighth in the NCAA.  

Freshman Daniel Cope impressed many when he tossed 20.99m on Friday in his first meet for the Tigers, making a new school record and putting him at fifth in his event in the NCAA.  

The Tigers’ success continued on Friday when the men’s team’s record holder in the 600m for Clemson, Tarees Rhoden, set his record even higher with a time of 1:17.16 and finished fourth in his heat. 

Saturday kicked off with an outstanding first-time performance from Shantae Foreman. She finished the women’s high jump with a jump of 1.73 meters, adding to the jumping team’s depth. 

Meanwhile, Roje Stona finished with another PR in the men’s shot put on Saturday with a distance of 18.95 meters. Stona was also named ACC Men’s Field performer of the week last week after his performance at the Orange and Purple Elite Meet. 

The team’s overall performance and new records show that the Tigers are capable of competing at a high level with top-tiered schools.  

Next week, the Tigers will compete in their first away meet of the season for the Hokie Invitational in Blacksburg, VA.