Clemson building up its 2023 class after seventh commitment

Caleb Browder, Contributor

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney smiles during his team’s game with Boston College in 2022. 

After Clemson and head coach Dabo Swinney officially hosted 31 recruits over the weekend, in the past two days, the Tigers have now added three commitments to their class, which is quickly rising in the recruiting rankings.
Having visited Clemson on June 3, four-star offensive tackle Ian Reed announced on his Twitter on Tuesday that he is committing to Clemson. 247Sports Composite ranks the 6-foot-5 Reed as the No. 27 offensive tackle in the nation. Reed chose the Tigers over 29 other schools that offered him.
“This recruiting process has been a long journey,” Reed said. “To have over 29 schools believe in my abilities to play for their University is a blessing in its self. Ever since I was a little kid I dreamed of playing football at the next level.”
Reed’s announcement came one day after 2023 four-star cornerback Avieon Terrell chose the Tigers over Michigan State, Kentucky, Texas A&M and Auburn. Brother of former Clemson cornerback A.J. Terrell, Avieon Terrell is ranked as the No. 32 cornerback, according to 247Sports Composite.
Three-star tight end Olsen Patt Henry also announced on Tuesday that he will be joining the Tigers’ 2023 class.
With Reed, Henry and Terrell’s commitments, Clemson now has seven total commitments in its 2023 class, including quarterback Christopher Vizzina, who on Tuesday, 247Sports Composite reranked as a five-star prospect.
Among the other commitments are four-star edge David Ojiegbe, four-star wide receiver Nathaniel Joseph and three-star cornerback Branden Strozier, who were all among the loaded group of recruits that visited over the weekend. 
Vizzina’s reranking and the three most recent commitments brings the Tigers’ 247Sports ranking up to the No. 13 class in the nation. Swinney and his staff still have work to do, but the past two days have certainly helped solidify Clemson’s future.