From the Editor’s Desk: Congratulations to the Class of 2023!

Clemson University President Jim Clements applauds the class of 2023 at the spring graduation ceremony. 
Clemson University // Courtesy

It’s that time of the year, the most bittersweet of them all: commencement. You have all accomplished something so great: You are about to graduate college, and not just any college, Clemson University. 

You have experienced unprecedented events during your time here. You had your freshman year cut short and then returned for your final three years to new rules and restrictions, online classes and a quiet campus, almost unrecognizable. Nonetheless, you persevered, and here you are, about to graduate. 

I am so excited to watch all of the wonderful things you do. You have all left your mark on Clemson and will forever be cherished members of the Clemson Family. 

I hope you had the time of your life in these hills, and remember that you always have a home back in Clemson, South Carolina.

The commencement issue is meant not only to celebrate the graduating Tiger staff but all of you who are graduating next month and acknowledge all that you have accomplished. 

Thank you to all the families who purchased ads for their graduating Tiger. Your sentiments, well wishes and photos will become part of the Clemson Archive for years to come.

Blake Mauro is a junior political science major from Montvale, New Jersey. Blake can be reached at [email protected].