The Tiger elects new editor-in-chief, associate editor

Blake Mauro, left, and Justin Robertson, right, at the Collegiate Meeting on March 31, 2023.

The Tiger elected its fall senior staff early last month, and the new editor-in-chief and associate editor began their terms on Tuesday.

Blake Mauro, a junior political science major, was elected editor-in-chief, and Justin Robertson, a junior sports communication major, was elected associate editor. Mauro was previously associate editor, and Robertson was the sports editor.

“I want to maintain the creative, cohesive and welcoming work environment that The Tiger has,” Mauro said.

Her goals include creating more fluid communication between desks, growing The Tiger’s Press Release Initiative with clubs across campus and launching a mobile app for The Tiger.

“I’d like to continue serving the community by producing meaningful content across all platforms,” Robertson said. “Internally, I’d like to improve our already award-winning newsroom.”

The newspaper will start the fall semester with 36 members of senior staff, its largest active staff in recent years.