Letter from your Sports Editor

First and foremost, welcome to Clemson! There truly is no other place in the world like it, and once you’re here, you’re family forever. 

I entered Clemson as a math major, and after experiencing the culture of college athletics and seeing firsthand all the behind-the-scenes action, I switched to sports communication. I am genuinely never happier than when I’m working a game in Death Valley, writing stories for you all to read and finding ways to reach even more people! 

You may have heard a thing or two about Clemson’s athletic history (conference titles, tournament appearances and a few national championships here and there) before deciding to join the Tigers. When I was looking at schools my senior year, I knew I wanted one that had a strong sense of school spirit and pride — and I could not imagine a better choice than dear ol’ Clemson. I remember my first football game and the anticipation leading up to it, and feeling like the luckiest person in the world to witness the most exciting 25 seconds in college football.  

I can’t discount all of the opportunities I’ve been fortunate enough to experience, all thanks to The Tiger. From interviewing the nation’s top athletes to covering last year’s ACC Championship win to every single hour spent in the office with the best people, I can’t imagine a different or better way to spend my time at Clemson.

My best advice, and you may already be tired of hearing it by now, is to take advantage of everything Clemson has to offer you. Tailgate for every football game. Walk to every soccer game at Riggs with your friends after dinner at the dining halls. Cheer on our club and intramural teams on the lower fields. And remember how lucky you are to be here for it all! I made some of my closest friendships at these games and memories that I know will last a lifetime. 

Even if you’re not necessarily interested in sports, the culture and environment alone are enough to draw you in. I’ve never quite felt anything like chanting C-L-E-M-S-O-N with 82,000 of my closest friends, and I hope you all feel the same way I do.

Grace O’Donnell is a junior sports communication major from Allentown, New Jersey. Grace can be reached at [email protected].