Cobb’s Coffee Corner

The first sip
Katie Bradham, Photo Editor
All In Coffee Shop has been serving Clemson for a decade now.

As we welcome a new semester at Clemson University, I figured I should reintroduce this column to the first-years and other Tigers who are finding themselves among our readers for the first time.

I’m Griffin, and this is my coffee corner, where I review various cafes and coffee shops across the Clemson area so that you all know where to get your caffeine fix. Having worked in coffee for several years and also being extremely overconfident, I do my best to provide the most reliable recommendations.

We rank the cafes based on three categories; vibes, food and coffee. Some places are great for meeting up with friends, some have the best snacks around, some bring you happiness in a mug and some do all three.

Last semester was an international feature, so the columns spent a bit of time away from campus. As such, I figured for this first edition of the semester, I could give a quick summary of all the Clemson cafes we’ve reviewed so far.

Delish Sisters
A fairly new addition to downtown, Delish Sisters offers a cohesive and refreshing atmosphere with some incredible pastries on their menu. Their coffee, however, isn’t particularly mind blowing.

Vibes: 5/5 Food: 4/5 Coffee: 3/5

Moe Joe Coffee Co.

The perfect indie spot, especially if you want to get a little bit away from campus. Moe Joe does both coffee and food fantastically, though both run a bit sweet. A good thing for those sweet tooths, but even savory fans have their fair share of quality options.

Vibes: 5/5 Food: 4/5 Coffee: 5/5

All In Coffee

The cafe of Clemson, and for good reason. This will likely be anyone’s first recommendation for newcomers, and for good reason. For all of its space to study or chat and incredible homemade baked goods to compliment their amazing coffee, it’s no wonder Tigers old and new flock to All In as soon as they step into Tigertown. I spend an unhealthy amount of time here.

Vibes: 5/5 Food: 5/5 Coffee: 5/5

Grace Coffee Co.

Another Clemson classic, run by two of Clemson’s very own students. The place is nice and often a great late-night study spot, as they stay open until 10 p.m. The food options are limited, and though their coffee menu is expansive, they haven’t quite nailed many of the choices.

Vibes: 4/5 Food: 2/5 Coffee: 3/5

Andee’s (formally known as Spill The Beans)

The hidden gem of Clemson, Andee’s (formally known as Spill The Beans), brings some retro vibes that are perfect any time of day but hit especially at night. They specialize in phenomenal ice cream, but they have some decent coffee options as well.

Vibes: 4/5 Food: 5/5 Coffee: 3/5

There are plenty more shops available around Clemson and farther that we’ll check out this fall. Until then, keep caffeinated and enjoy all the cafes you can!