Coffee Corner: Jitters Brewing Company

Jitters Brewing Company // Curtesy
Jitters is proud to serve roasts from Silva Coffee Company.

Up on the chopping block this week is Jitters Brewing Company, located in Central, South Carolina. They’re a lovely shop selling a mix of coffee, ale and pastries, and though they may run a bit pricey, they’re well worth the cost.

The vibes were homey, perfect for my trip on the first of October. There’s an eclectic aspect to the decor — not messy, but like a lovely quilt sewn from many blankets. Also, like a quilt, there are holes and fuzz here and there. Nothing about the service stood out, and I felt like some of the seating was a bit limited. But it’s clear thought was put into making a comfortable experience for customers. The vibes get a 4 out of 5.

Food-wise, they had a good amount of options, from entrees to delicious pastries. For myself, I got their cinnamon swirl scones. Now, these scones were massive. It took an hour and three friends to finish it, and we enjoyed every second. The taste, texture and size of the pastry were nothing short of fantastic, and I can assume the rest followed suit. That being said, a running theme with Jitters is their pricey alternative options. The scone cost me almost $6. Its size might be worth the cost, but it’s not something I could find myself buying often. The food gets a 4 out of 5.

Their coffee follows a similar pattern, which is to say that it’s really good. Plenty of options between coffee, tea and specialty beers on tap for the 21 and up club for a price. I tried their “Stars Hollow” latte, which had a mix of caramel sauce, nutmeg and housemade maple syrup. It was as delicious as it sounds, and I would happily make it my go-to drink if the 12-ounce hadn’t cost me another $6. Once again, worth every cent, but with other shops having marginally better deals, either on par or slightly lower quality, Jitters is not an everyday shop. The coffee gets a 4 out of 5.