Specialty Drinks: Fall Favorites

Griffin Cobb // Senior Reporter
Across Clemson, cafes are posting their fall menus, embracing the cooling temperature and changing leaves.

With Fall in full swing, cafes across Clemson have been rolling out their autumn menus. Some are reinventing the classics while others try to find new combos, but all are vying for your dollar. This season, we’re going to look at three of my favorite specials from Clemson and beyond.

First up is fan favorite All In Coffee, with their salted caramel pumpkin latte. Any drink you buy at All In is almost guaranteed to please, so they feel no need to reinvent the wheel. Instead, this latte combines two classic fall flavors into one delicious drink, perfect for the cooling weather. I prefer these hot, but I’ve heard the iced lattes are just as good. It gets a 4 out of 5.

The second comes from a cafe we recently reviewed, Jitters. Now, the coffee here is a bit on the pricey side, but their Stars Hollow latte is worth it. Their maple syrup is made in-house, which is always a plus, and combined with cinnamon, caramel and nutmeg makes for the perfect drink. It’s unique, it’s delicious and if you’re in the mood to splurge, I recommend getting a cinnamon scone to pair with it. It gets a 5 out of 5.

Last but not least is Freehand Coffee, home of some of the most unique drinks you’ll find and an aptly named special, “Clemson in the Fall” latte. They put together brown sugar with orange syrup to create a rich, aromatic latte that’s best enjoyed with a good book and a cozy jacket. Pendleton can be a bit of a drive for some, but the “Clemson in the Fall” latte makes it well worth it. An easy 5 out of 5.