Coffee Corner: 313 Cafe

Katie Bradham // Video Editor
313 Cafe provides customers with delicious options and comfy seating.

This week, we’re visiting 313 Cafe in Seneca, a lovely location for custom coffee, craft drinks and delicious food. Between their cozy mornings and their classy afternoon offerings, 313 provides a rotating list of live music and an amazing selection of signature coffee. Their mission is to combine the love of music and vibes from their northern routes with the quality and authenticity of upstate South Carolina, and they absolutely succeed.

The cafe’s vibes are as classy as they come. 313 is spacious, rustic and perfect for any coffee-drinking activity. The exterior stands out among its surroundings, inviting customers in to enjoy its comfy interior. We visited later in the day, so the crowds were low, and the service was a bit sparse — nothing to detract from the vibes, but nothing to impress either. Ultimately, it is a lovely space to sit in, which makes it all the more sad to see them close at 4 p.m. Sunday through Thursday. The vibes are great, but only enjoyable for a limited amount of time, 4 out of 5.

Their food matches pace with their vibes. Between their morning and mid-day menus, anyone can find a favorite meal made with care and quality. The standout options, however, lie in their pastry selection, where we got to try their cinnamon roll and cranberry lemon muffin. They paired perfectly with our drinks, not too sweet but well-baked and filling. 313 isn’t here to reinvent the wheel, just to do the classics perfectly, earning them a 4 out of 5.

The list of coffee and cocktail options, but to stick with the fall aesthetic we find ourselves in, we chose their Fall Special — a latte with hazelnut and white mocha. With two flavors that are typically overpowering, I was pleasantly surprised with how balanced the drink was. They use methodical coffee beans, so the quality was unquestionable, but the texture and syrup made for a rich, delicious latte perfect for any coffee lover. 4 out of 5.

View Comments (1)