Clemson elects new student body president and vice president

Kellan & Dre Instagram // Courtesy
Fenegan and Moxie were announced as the newest due of student body president and vice president on March 8 in the Carillon Gardens.

In an unopposed landslide victory, Kellan Fenegan and Dre Moxie were elected as the 2024-2025 student body president and vice president on March 8.

Fenegan, a junior political science and communication major from Lexington, South Carolina, and Moxie, a junior parks, recreation and tourism management student from Atlanta, Georgia, ran under the platform slogan “elevate together, achieve forever.”

Within this platform are various initiatives regarding student life, campus safety, well-being, administration relations and academic experiences, all geared toward giving a voice to every corner of Clemson, the pair said.

“As the next Student Body President, my main objective will be centered on elevating the parts of campus that have yet to experience upliftment for some time and utilizing every aspect of our student body to achieve unprecedented accomplishments,” Fenegan said in a statement to The Tiger. “I want every student to know that with me representing them, they have a stake in the decision-making processes.”

Both Fenegan and Moxie emphasized Clemson students are the focal point of their mission, as they seek to understand the desires of the student body and provide increased avenues for growth.

“If I can help even one person access opportunities as others have done for me, my overarching goal will be fulfilled,” Moxie told The Tiger. “The campaign trail has opened my eyes to the student body’s needs, and I can’t wait to continue to listen to students’ voices far and wide. I will always seek input from the student body to ensure strong engagement and uplift student livelihoods.”

Fenegan and Moxie hope to join forces with the University to create an environment that will cultivate the next generation of leaders.

“The opportunity to run for Student Body President has shown me that Clemson empowers every ounce of the student body to take the initiative to become leaders in a world where leadership is crucial,” Fenegan said. “I love Clemson, and I hope being your next Student Body President will only push you to love this place even more as we aim for the best from Clemson in our future years.”