Clemson student airlifted after late-night accident

Generic+Police
Scott Rodgerson, Unsplash
Clemson University Police Department and Clemson University Fire & EMS Department officers responded to the accident.

A Clemson student was airlifted to receive medical treatment early Saturday morning following a motor vehicle crash on Old Stone Church Road. 

Clemson University Police Department and Clemson University Fire & EMS Department officers were dispatched to LaMaster Dairy Center at 12:20 a.m. Saturday morning after a vehicle crashed into a fence, Davis Simpson, a public safety communications director at Clemson University, told The Tiger in an email.

The student, who was driving the vehicle, was “ejected from the vehicle” and required an airlift to the hospital. The other passenger sustained only “minor injuries.”

Students, faculty and staff were made aware of the accident at 12:46 a.m. through the following CU Alert:

“Due to traffic collision all traffic on Old Stone Church Rd and Ridgecrest Dr is being redirected. Avoid the area.”

Approximately two and a half hours later, Clemson sent out an all-clear alert announcing the end of the road closure. 

The Clemson City Police Department is currently investigating the crash. 

This is a developing story. The Tiger will update this article with additional information as it becomes available.

Juliana Coates, News Editor, contributed to this story.

View Comments (1)