Best Dining Hall: Douthit Community Hub

boudreauxgroup
The Douthit Community Hub offers a different style of dining, having rotating, restaurant-style options for students.

Setting itself apart from the traditional all-you-can-eat style dining halls, the Douthit Community Hub has risen in popularity this year among students.

The hub recreates a retail food court atmosphere with its five stations: Chopped, Pies & Wedgies, Smokehouse, Bento Sushi and Fusion.

The eateries are located on the third floor of The Hub at Douthit Hills. There are plenty of seating options overlooking Clemson’s campus that are complete with both comfy booths and high-rise tables for students and others dining in.

The Chopped salad station offers a make-your-own assembly line with different types of greens, vegetables, protein, cheese, “crunchies” (croutons or crispy onions) and salad dressings. Right next to the station is Pies & Wedgies, which boasts high-quality dough from Peppino’s Pizzeria and presents a variety of customizable pizzas.

Another section of the hub includes Smokehouse and Burgers, Etc., which offers two different rotating menus. The Smokehouse falls under the category of traditional Southern cuisine, while Burgers, Etc. offers burgers and fries. Students can find options like pork quesadillas, smoked pork ribs, roasted garlic potatoes, barbeque-spiced shredded chicken and southwest green beans that rotate based on the weekly menu.

To the right of the Smokehouse, Fusion offers foods from Italian, Mediterranean, Latin and Asian cuisines. Students can enjoy comfort foods such as pasta dishes, chicken tenders, mac and cheese, garlic bread and more. Bento Sushi is also a customer favorite, as it presents Asian dishes such as bento boxes, poke, udon and sushi.

In addition, students’ sweet treat cravings will likely be satisfied by the Community Hub’s cookie assortment. The Community Hub also offers gluten- and dairy-free cookie options for those with food allergies. If students are looking for a healthier option, they can find apples and oranges near the sweets.

The first floor of the facility also presents a P.O.D. market, the health-focused eatery Freshens, Starbucks and the Clemson Bookstore. The Douthit Hills Fitness Center, complete with treadmills, heavy lifting equipment, private fitness class studios and more, is located on the second floor, with the hub on the top floor overlooking Douthit Hills.

Address:
110 Cherry Rd.,
Clemson, SC 29631

Phone: (864) 656-2295

Email: [email protected]

Instagram: @clemsondining
Facebook: @clemsondining
X: @clemsonhome