Coffee Corner: Campus Starbucks

Starbucks over the past decade or so has become synonymous with coffee, with enough demand amongst students that three different locations serve our students. Even with the same menu, many students have formed preferences for one of the three Starbucks locations. While food and coffee may be consistent categories across the board, the vibes are all unique to their spot.

McAlister

Situated beside The Dish at McAlister and Raising Cane’s, the McAlister Starbucks lords over the west campus. It feels like the middle child of the three locations, a little bit bigger than the one in Cooper Library but dwarfed by Douthit.

This location, like the others, receives a fair bit of traffic but has enough space that the crowd never feels too big or restrictive. That being said, the large space also makes for weaker vibes in the seating. Rarely have I sat down after receiving my order here, quick though they are. 

All around, despite their typically solid service, the vibes only reach a 2 out of 5. 

Cooper Library

As one could imagine, the coffee shop situated inside the library receives an insane line at all times of the day, which is especially intimidating when you realize this location stays open until 10 p.m. most days, rather than 9 p.m. like their counterparts.

Though they are constantly busy, being in the library has too many advantages for a crowd alone to diminish the vibes. Studying is made exponentially better with a nice cold brew just a few meters away, and the seating they have, both on the fifth and sixth floors, is perfect for getting work done. 

The vibes are easily a 4 out of 5.

Douthit

If the McAlister Starbucks is the middle child, then Douthit is the oldest role model sibling. It’s the largest of the three locations, with every option under the sun. There is an ample amount of comfortable seating, the service is typically great and the line is never too terribly long. 

One of the reasons Douthit isn’t as busy as the other two locations is because of how far away from the rest of campus it is. Unless you’re a Douthit resident, the WAP center hike is one you’ll have to endure to reach your caffeination destination. 

Hike or no, it is often well worth it, earning Douthit a 5 out of 5 on vibes.