Super Bowl, Super Commercials: Seven Super Bowl commercials that should be remembered

When it comes to the game, some people look forward to the football and others to the halftime show; but a surprising percentage look forward more to the commercials. Super Bowl 50 promised to have some great ads throughout the game. Here’s our list of the best of this year.

1. Avocados from Mexico

Based in a futuristic society, this commercial looked back and made fun of “human progress” of our time (including airplane seating, the “unsolvable” Rubik’s Cube and the blue and black/white and gold dress that broke the internet).

2. Apartments.com: “Movin’ On Up”

Any commercial that can combine George Washington and Lil Wayne is a winner in my book.

3. Heinz: “Wiener Stampede”

Maybe it’s just me, but there is something about hundreds of wiener dogs dressed as hot dogs running in slow motion down a hill.

4. Hyundai: “First Date”

Kevin Hart was hilarious as always as the overprotective dad following his daughter on a date.

5. Snickers: “Marilyn”

Willem Dafoe dressed as Marilyn Monroe over a subway grate…there really isn’t anything else to say.

6. Pantene: “Dad-Do”

A commercial with NFL players doing their daughters’ hair, topped off with DeAngelo Williams telling his daughter she is “strong and beautiful.” Perfection.

7. Audi: “Commander”

This one got me in the feels. A retired astronaut finds excitement and life again when he gets a ride in the Audi. It was very inspirational and super sweet!