Best Ice Cream: Andee’s

Natalie Peck
Options of waffle cones available at Spill The Beans.

Tucked away off College Avenue sits one of Clemson’s best-kept secrets. Spill the Beans, also known as Andee’s Custom Blended Ice Cream, has satisfied the Clemson community’s sweet tooth and caffeine cravings since 2006.

Open seven days a week, Andee’s provides a unique take on a beloved sweet treat. Customers choose a base of vanilla or chocolate ice cream and then customize their order with a variety of fun mix-ins. One mix-in is complementary, and the rest are 75 cents apiece, an affordable price for a delicious dessert.

Owner Andee O’Sell recommends the ever-popular Half-baked, a chocolate and vanilla swirl base mixed with bits of brownie and cookie dough; Lemon cheesecake, which provides a perfect balance of tart and sweet; or Banana pudding, a “southern classic” where “you truly just can’t go wrong.”

For those with dietary restrictions, Andee’s offers various vegan, dairy-free and no-sugar-added options. Other dessert choices include fruit sorbet, milkshakes, sundaes, ice cream sandwiches, affogatos and even Frosty Paws treats for dogs.

With plenty of comfortable seating, Andee’s is the perfect destination for students to meet with friends, study, host club meetings or simply relax and enjoy some ice cream.

For O’Sell, the most enjoyable part of owning Andee’s is embracing the uniquely casual atmosphere of the shop. Though the shop is open until 10 p.m. every night, it remains a tranquil space for the night owl community.

“I get to have the really fun nightlife without the bar side, which is a perfect happy medium for me,” O’Sell said. “It’s a very casual, low-key, late-night hangout.”

Address:
102 N Clemson Ave.,
Clemson, SC 29631
Phone number: (864) 654-1515
Website: https://spillthebeansclemson.com/
Hours:
Mon-Wed: 4-10 p.m.
Thu-Sun: 1-10 p.m.
Facebook: Andee’s Custom Blended Ice Cream
Instagram: @andeesclemson