Best Student Organization: Clemson FCA

Sam Walters // Provided
A group of FCA members at their formal in January.

The Clemson Fellowship of Christian Athletes has roared on campus for almost 45 years, beginning in 1980 when a group of football students met in the basement of Mauldin Hall. Today, FCA has grown to nearly 2,000 members.

This student-led organization holds weekly meetings and involves small groups and outreach teams. While the meeting times for small groups and outreach teams are decided by the group leaders, the weekly meetings are held every Thursday at 9:19 p.m. at NewSpring Church.

The time is chosen in correlation with 1 Corinthians 9:19, “For though I am free with respect to all, I have made myself a slave to all, so that I might win more of them.”

Small groups are a key part of the FCA experience. They are essentially breakout groups that allow people to focus on growing their faith and are intended to build close relationships with people who aim to grow, learn and dive into the Bible and their personal relationship with God.

One of the most important ways FCA can reach so many people is through its outreach teams. These teams focus on sharing and spreading the gospel — loosely defined as the good news — through volunteer and service events, including an annual mission trip. This year, FCA is traveling to Cincinnati, Ohio, over spring break for its mission trip.

Clemson FCA is not only open to Christians, but it also attracts people from multiple stages of religion who are eager to learn.

To learn more about the organization, check out their TigerQuest page, Fellowship of Christian Athletes.