Clemson men’s basketball dominated in Tallahassee

The Clemson Tigers (13-9, 3-7) were dominated in all facets of the game Sunday afternoon against the #15-ranked Florida State Seminoles (20-4, 8-3) at the Donald L. Tucker Center, losing 109-61.

A fairly contested first half began to swing in FSU’s favor late in the period, with the Tigers scoring a meager four points in the last 8:55 of play. The Seminoles used that lull to take a commanding 26-point lead into halftime.

Led by guard Dwayne Bacon, who matched his career high of 29 points, Florida State shot 66 percent from the field, scoring at will against Clemson from start to finish. Also in the FSU backcourt, Xavier Rathan-Mayes dished out nine assists to go with his six points.

One of the few bright spots for the Tigers came via guard Avry Holmes, who continued his recent hot-shooting streak by knocking down four of five three-pointers en route to scoring a team-high 15 points. Clemson guard Marcquise Reed provided a spark off of the bench, scoring 12 points and collecting three steals.

The Tigers, who currently stand at 12th in the ACC, will look to rebound at home versus the Syracuse Orange (15-9, 7-4) on Tuesday night, Feb. 7, at 8 p.m. The Orange are set to enter the matchup with an impressive four-game winning streak and will be looking to avenge a tough home loss to Clemson from last season.