Tigers take the sting out of Yellow Jackets, win 24-10

The last time Clemson played in this bad of weather conditions it was against Notre Dame in 2015. In a contest where passes were going to be at a premium, the ground game was going to be a big part of both teams’ offenses. Clemson got theirs going, but Georgia Tech was flustered all game giving Clemson an easy win over the Yellow Jackets 24-10.
The Tigers caught a break early in the first quarter when Kendall Joseph forced a fumble which was recovered by Van Smith just past midfield. Clemson turned it into a score just two plays later. Deon Cain ran a curl route, Kelly Bryant hit him at the turn, and the covering corner completely missed the tackle. With no safety help, Cain waltzed in for six points. 
Georgia Tech made sure to return the favor. Tavien Feaster ripped off a decent run about halfway through the first quarter, but fumbled to Step Durham to give the Yellow Jackets the ball on their own 26. The first snap after the turnover, Georgia Tech ran it all the way down to the opposing 9-yard line, a 65-yard play. It is the longest run against Clemson this year by 20 yards. 
As it often does, Clemson’s defense made the goal-line stop to force the field goal. On the ensuing kickoff, Georgia Tech committed a facemask penalty which pushed the Tigers to their 45-yard line.
Milan Richard came up big with a 20-yard touchdown catch over the middle just before the end of the first quarter giving the Tigers a 14-3 lead. The heavy rain presented a big problem for the passing game, but Clemson was firing on all cylinders anyway.
The second quarter was fairly quiet until Clemson scored with three minutes left before the half. The drive wasn’t highlighted by any one major play, but it was capped by Travis Etienne busting through the middle for the two-yard score. The drive only took three minutes and 19 seconds, but spanned 77 yards over 10 plays. 
The second half was much quieter scoring-wise. Clemson received the ball to start and drove down the field, but had to settle for field goal. 
Leading 24-3, Clemson’s defense was absolutely stifling. At one point, they were so relaxed that the defensive line was dancing to the music pre-snap. 
Georgia Tech scored a late garbage time touchdown to pull within two scores at 24-10. The score was preceded by the Yellow Jackets’ first positive passing play of the game. 
Some quick hits: after playing just two snaps against Syracuse, middle linebacker Trey Lamar led the team with 10 tackles and two sacks; Deon Cain recorded his 100th reception; through eight quarters of football against Georgia Tech, Clemson’s defense has recorded 18 tackles for loss.
Clemson will travel to Raleigh next week to take on NC State for ACC Atlantic dominance.