Five ways to know fall is here

Last Friday was the autumn equinox, or the first day of fall. Usually, the way I know fall has arrived is when it starts to get a little chilly outside and I get to whip out my large jacket array. Recently, especially this weekend, it has been blisteringly hot. So how am I supposed to know that it’s fall. But don’t fret, ladies. I devised a few ways to let you know when to put on your boots and sweaters and start chugging pumpkin spice coffee.
1. Pumpkin spice lattes: pumpkin spice is everywhere in the fall, but nowhere is it as popular as it is in Starbucks. Behold, the infamous pumpkin spice latte. If there is a coffee shop somewhere, you can bet that you will find girls in a 500-foot radius around the store, clutching their lattes and shaking slightly from the sugar.
2. Boots and leggings: the unofficial uniform for literally any girl during the fall is a sweater, leggings and boots. The second you step outside, you are bound to immediately see girls running around in their cozy wear. I’m not saying it’s a bad look, and power to you if you are guilty of wearing this outfit, but I will say that it is a rather overused outfit. Or maybe it’s not intentional, instead just a coincidence that everyone accidentally coordinates the same warm clothing.
3. Pumpkin patch photo shoots: so apparently going to a pumpkin patch to take pictures and not actually get a pumpkin is a thing. People go to the pumpkin patch and pose with the gourds. I know that families take their babies to sit among the pallets and snap a few photos because honestly, who doesn’t have a picture of themselves as a baby in a pumpkin patch? But the people I’m talking about are grown adults that go, without children, and take pictures of themselves. I’m all for it if you need to add to your aesthetic on you Instagram, but the very least you can do is also buy a pumpkin. You can later add to the aesthetic of your house for Halloween and carve the pumpkin.
4. Scary movies: I know it’s a bit early, but I’ve already seen at least two horror movies come on TV before midnight. They really get going in October, because Halloween, but people are always itching to get spooky literally the day after Labor Day. Hence, the movies start popping up. On a good night, you could probably catch 8 consecutive movies and stay up all night watching them. For now, though, you might see a couple in the evening if you’re lucky. But oh man, just you wait until October…
5. Haunted house billboards: I see these everywhere in my hometown. Loads of the bigger haunted houses these days put up billboards super early to advertise that they actually have a haunted house. I think it’s a great way to get the word out there, but I’ve seen places put up the adverts up to two months before the actual event. Not to mention the signs sometimes down get taken down for months after. You will know for sure that fall has begun when these billboards go up.