Tigers take game one against Boston College 10-2

After five games away from home, the Clemson Tigers returned to Doug Kingsmore Stadium to play the Boston College Eagles. The Tigers won game one 10-2 behind an early Robert Jolly double and a solid performance from starter Jacob Hennessy.
The scoring got started early when Clemson loaded the bases in the first inning and Jolly hit a bases-clearing double to give the Tigers a 3-0 lead.
Boston College was able to pull a run back in the second off a Chris Galland double and an error by Kyle Wilkie attempting to throw him out at third.
Chris Williams added to his team-leading RBI total with a two-run single in the second, giving Clemson a solid 5-1 lead and Williams 25 RBIs on the season.  They added two more in the sixth on a sac-bunt from Logan Davidson and a single from Seth Beer.
Hennessy pitched 6.0 innings, giving up one run, unearned, on one hit. He also struck out four while walking two. The win improved his record to 3-1 on the season.
Spencer Strider came in to relieve Hennessy and pitched 2.0 innings of no-hit baseball and fanned four batters.
Gobin closed out the game for the Tigers. He allowed a run to score, but slammed the door on the Eagles to secure the win.
The Tigers managed to get nine hits, and Clemson batters also walked six times and reached twice on Boston College errors. Eight of the nine Clemson starters reached base during the game, and seven different Tigers scored runs.
Game two of the series against Boston College is scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m. Friday.