Halloween costumes you don’t even realize you have

Flannel
Photo courtesy of Flickr
Flannel

Halloween is right around the corner, and we’re all familiar with the struggle of choosing the right costume. Maybe you’re a Halloween hype man and have your costume planned and ready to go at 12 a.m. October 1. However, if you’re like me, you might be trying to throw a costume together just hours before making your grand appearance. To make your life easier, let’s look at some Halloween costumes you don’t even realize you already have.
Jeans and a flannel
This is a super easy and multi-purpose Halloween costume. Throw on some boots and a trapper hat (or stocking hat) and you are a lumberjack. Wear some converse and maybe a pair of large-framed glasses and you become a hipster. Add a straw hat and a pair of boots and you can be a scarecrow. Grab a roll of paper towels and call yourself the Brawny man.
Denim top with denim bottoms
There are so many options for those of you who love reminiscing about 90s fashion. Celebrities rocked this look in the 90s on the regular—Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears and even the Olsen twins. On a different note, if you want to let your inner girl-power shine through, consider adding a red bandana to your look and go as Rosie the Riveter.
Bell bottoms/flare pants
If you’re going for a disco-loving look, think bright colors: sparkles, chunky platform shoes or go-go boots. You can also think 70s-hippie-flower-child and wear your best tie-dye top and maybe a pair of tinted sunglasses. If your bell-bottoms just so happen to have a sparkly or metallic-like look, pair with a similar shirt and go as a mermaid.
Workout clothes
Even if you aren’t a regular gym-goer, there’s a pretty good chance that you have some type of athletic clothing. Think soccer mom (points for bringing a soccer ball along), athlete, boxer or maybe just your typical gym-rat. There’s lots of options here and talk about a comfy costume!