Eight Clemson NFL hopefuls seek to fare well in NFL scouting showcase, draft

With Clemson’s No. 2 finish in the 2015-2016 season, several players left for the NFL Draft. Out of these players, eight have been invited to the NFL combine which will be held in Indianapolis, Indiana Feb. 26-29.
The players who have been invited include Shaq Lawson, MacKensie Alexander, Kevin Dodd, B.J. Goodson, T.J. Green, D.J. Reader, Jayron Kearse and Charone Peake.
Seven of the eight invitees are defensive players, tied for most in the country with Ohio State. The eight overall players is a Clemson record and is good enough to tie for fifth overall in the country with Auburn, Florida and Georgia.
Last year Clemson had 38 former players on NFL rosters, the most in one season in NFL history.
Over the last seven years, Clemson has had 33 players drafted, ranking ninth in the nation for that time period. The Tigers have also had at least one first round draft pick in each of the last three years (Sammy Watkins in 2013, DeAndre Hopkins in 2014 and Vic Beasley and Stephone Anthony in 2015).
Many mock drafts have Alexander, Lawson and Dodd projected as first round picks, which would be another first for Clemson since they have never had three first round selections in one year before.
The NFL Draft Pick will be conducted will be held from April 28-30.