Viral in the Valley: 2016 fashion is back and better than ever

The galaxy leggings are a staple of 2016 fashion, and are the next big thing you’ll be seeing on campus.
Pinterest // Courtesy

Everyone loves a good throwback, and this summer, we are going all the way back to 2016. Nostalgia is in the air, so queue up your favorite Fetty Wap tune and get ready for a blast from the past.

For girls, we have many classic options to choose from. Even though it may be pushing 90 degrees, make sure to have a colorful, fleece North Face jacket in rotation that will keep you sweating in style; bonus points if it is extremely matted for a classic, chic vintage look. This — paired with circulation-cutting skinny jeans or obnoxious galaxy-patterned leggings — will push you to the forefront of fashion.

The past few years have ushered in the clean girl aesthetic, but all of that is out as we head to the middle school years of the past. Instead of a slicked-back ponytail and a fresh face, bring out the messy bun and matte lipstick to channel your inner Tumblr girl.

Now, boys, don’t think you can’t be on top of the trends as well. As we enter summer 2024, pull out your brightest Nike outfits from the archives and prepare to shine as bright as the summer sun. The more obnoxious the color, the better. Neon is back like it never left and will have all the ladies swooning. Athleisure has been increasingly popular since the Lululemon craze took hold, and it is time for the guys to have a moment to strut their stuff.

Throw it back to the glory days, and channel 2016 this summer through your style. Middle school may have been a time of awkwardness and misery for most, but it is time to reclaim it through fashion.

This article is satire as part of The Tiger’s April Fool’s edition, The Kitten. This story was written for comedic purposes and has no verifiable truth to it.