Towing companies are doing you a favor

Katie Bradham, Owner of a Multi-Thousand Dollar Camera

Death Valley towing sign.

Imagine this: it’s a beautiful, Clemson morning. You wake up at your friend’s place after a long night of bible study. After walking outside to retrieve your car, you find that Death Valley Towing has hooked you up for a free trip to the local tow yard.
Your first reaction might be anger, but it should be gratitude. Towing companies across Clemson get a bad reputation, but did you ever consider that they are doing you a favor? Thanks to that vigilant tow truck operator, your car was safe from dangerous thieves who could have stolen your vehicle.
Towing companies also pull you in the right direction. They encourage you to drive your car after drinking instead of leaving it overnight because, after all, those visitor spots won’t be open until morning.
Sometimes it can be hard in the hustle-bustle of college life to get out and explore the community. Local tows let you find your way around the surrounding Clemson-area — another reason to visit Rollercoaster Road!
But let’s not forget: tow truck drivers are people too. They’re a part of this community, and what they do is for the community.
“I consider myself a first responder,” said a tow truck driver who preferred to be anonymous due to embarrassment. 
“But people don’t realize how difficult it is to circle around The Collective for five minutes, find a Jeep Wrangler, and tow daddy’s car away.”
That’s not to say drivers get no recognition. Death Valley Towing expects to maintain record rates of customer satisfaction, from 0 in 2021 to 0 by the end of 2022.