Clemson student government presidential elections begin

CUSG presidential and vice presidential elections have officially kicked off.
Five campaigns are currently in the race, having dropped their banners announcing their candidacy late Sunday night.
Among the five campaigns are Killian McDonald and Jaren Stewart, Kyle Brady and Becca Brantley, David Gundana and Abby Martin, Trevor Newton and Emma Hume and Jessica Schnorr and Samuel Reinert.
Jessica Schnorr, a senior language and international health major, and Samuel Reinert, a senior bioengineering major, are running under the slogan “For You. For Legacy. For Clemson.” Their Facebook page is linked here.
“Announcing our candidacy was accompanied by simultaneous waves of gratitude, humility and excitement,” Schnorr said. “The support and encouragement has been tremendous making our first few days of campaigning a truly humbling experience. Additionally, a sense of great responsibility and accountability follows this gratitude. Our campaign platform is “For You, For Legacy, For Clemson.” These next 30 days will be spent purposefully for the Clemson Family in service and dedication to higher goals.”
Schnorr and Reinert also added “When we decided to pursue candidacy for Student Body President and Vice-President, we decided that we first needed to start with a series of intangible goals that would not only drive our platform, but also form the foundation of our future terms.”
“This vision seeks to care for the Clemson Family, maximize services while reducing expenses to students, advance shared experiences, invest in the interests of all students, and protect the traditions that make this university so valuable. We’re so excited to be continuing the fight for students and the greater Clemson community. That’s why we’re here — For You. For Legacy. For Clemson.”
Trevor Newton, a senior civil engineering major, and Emma Hume, a senior genetics major, are running under “Continuing Tradition, Shaping Tomorrow.” Their Facebook page is linked here.
For us, it has been a huge relief to finally announce our candidacy,” Newton said. “The banner drop Sunday evening released all the anxiousness and excitement we’ve been holding in for some time now. Now that we have announced, we are so eager to start hitting the campaign trail.”
Newton also stated that “We are both so excited for the opportunity hear from students and organizations about what their passionate about at Clemson. We want to hear all that students love and don’t love about this University in order to make tangible change during our remaining time here. We believe it all starts with conversation and passion and this next month will be jam packed with both.”
David Gundana, a senior mechanical engineering major, and Abby Martin, a junior health science major, are running under “Reaching New Heights.” Their Facebook page is linked here.
Kyle Brady, a junior political science major, and Becca Brantley, a junior biological sciences major, are running under “Your Voice is Our Purpose.” Their Facebook page is linked here.
We are so excited to have the opportunity to show the student body our vision for Clemson,” Brady said. “Announcing our candidacy at the banner drop Monday morning really put things into perspective. We aren’t here for us. We’re here for you.”
Brady also stated that he and Brantley are “looking forward to meeting and building relationships with Clemson students. There are so many untold stories here at Clemson, and we look forward to reaching out and hearing them.”
Killian McDonald, a senior political science and women’s  major and Jaren Stewart, a sophomore justice studies major, are running under “More to Our Roar.” Their Facebook page is linked here
“I am so excited to have officially announced my candidacy for Student Body President, especially to have announced it surrounded by my amazing and brilliant campaign team,” McDonald said. “They are so wonderful and I could not have done this without their help.”
McDonald also went on to say “Our campaign slogan is “More to Our Roar,” which means that although we are one Clemson family, we are all individuals with diverse passions and interests.”
“This is a pivotal moment in time for Clemson and the nation as well. We want to make sure that Clemson’s “roar” includes everyone’s voice. We want Clemson to be an institution that all students can see themselves reflected in and one that everyone feels as though they are being heard. We believe that every single student has a place in student government; every student needs to be heard. There’s more to Clemson University and there is ‘More to Our Roar.'”
More information, including quotes from the candidates, will be updated as given. EDIT: All candidates have been reached out to for comments.