Foley and Young win CUSG presidential election

Courtesy of @MasonLogan2018 via Twitter.
Mason Foley (right) and Logan Young (left) are the newly elected CUSG President and Vice President.

(UPDATE: 3/21/18 at 7:30 p.m.): Kaylee Alvarez won the runoff for the final senate seat.

Wondering who will be leading the student body next year? Well, you won’t have to worry any longer — election results are in.

Mason Foley and Logan Young won with 54.52 percent of the votes (3,346), according to an email from CUSG Director of Elections Emma Schafer. A total of 6,190 votes were cast during this year’s election.

95.29 percent of voters approved the referendum to the CUSG Constitution. This new amendment makes changes to CUSG’s impeachment bylaws.

Election results for CUSG Senate are in as well.

For the College of Agriculture, Forestry and Life Sciences, the newly elected senators are Baylee Westbury (205 votes), Brooke Redmond (130 votes) and Katie Martin (107 votes).

For the College of Architecture, Arts and Humanities, Thomas Marshall (406 votes), Emily Eggers (347 votes) and Emily Anne Godbold (356 votes).

For the College of Behavioral, Social and Health Sciences, Morgan Weaver (349 votes), Diamond Brown (344 votes), JaQuan Davis (305 votes), Anna Kilguss (304 votes) and Banner Brock (369 votes).

For the College of Business, Turner Bonhamm (532 votes), Jack Council (397 votes), Mason Hammond (389 votes), Bernadette Sommer (380 votes), Murphy Wildeman (331 votes) and Matthew Innocenti (331 votes). 

For the College of Education, Quameshia Gantt (194 votes) and Brian Sanniota (101 votes).

For the College of Engineering, Computing and Applied Sciences, Andrew O’Steen (393 votes), Bailey Meehan (298 votes), Hunter Bond (288 votes), Benjamin Walsh (219 votes), Josue Figueroa (216 votes), Kathleen Browne (210 votes) and Dahvier Alson (203 votes).

For the College of Science, Justin McMahan (430 votes), Jade Richard (392 votes), Matt Dimond (203 votes) and Allen Khodab (185 votes).

For the sophomore class, Tate Fowler (331 votes), Emma Walker (280 votes) and George Davis (198 votes).

For the junior class, Sierra Weiss (245 votes), Sam Harrison (202 votes) and Matt Phillips (198 votes).

For the senior class, Jay Sridharan (189 votes), Katie Violette (168 votes) and Katelyn Sutherland (125 votes).

The newly elected Senators at Large are Kiyana Brice (195 votes), Ashley Girvin (194 votes),  Kendall Jones (188 votes), Aparma Mahendranath (188 votes), Samah Malik (184 votes), Harrison Wetherell (179 votes), Blake Parker (175 votes), Sloane Perkins (155 votes), Arianna Conti (154 votes), Mar Paricio Sunyer (154 votes), Samantha Hayes (140 votes),

Riley Baker (136 votes), Zachary Pate (134 votes) and Julia Weaver (125 votes).

A runoff for the final Senate seat will be held between Kaylee Alvarez and Will Esposito if a seat does not open up by March 12.

Swearing in will occur later this month. The first CUSG Senate meeting of the new term will be on March 26.