Five school supplies you need but didn’t think of

You’ve grabbed pencils and notebooks, but not sure about what else you’ll need for class? We’ve got you covered — here are five things you’ll need but probably haven’t thought of.
    Planner
    Between exam dates and club meetings, your schedule is going to get packed pretty quickly. A planner will help you keep track of everything. Still not enough to keep you organized, though? Grab a pack of pens so that you can color code, or get some stickers so that you can mark important dates.
    Pro tip: Once you get your syllabi, go through them and write down all of the assignment dates in your planner.
    Pencil Case
    Nothing is more annoying than needing a pencil or pen and not being able to find it because it’s fallen into the black hole that is the inside of your book bag. Prevent that from happening by keeping your school supplies in one place.
    Pair of Scissors
    These are a must have. You never know when you’re going to need to cut a tag off a new shirt or open a surprise care package from the fam.
    Water Bottle
    You’re in South Carolina, so expect it to be hot and humid year round (well, except for the few weeks of winter that come in January and February). Factor in walking around Clemson’s hilly campus all day, and you’re sure to get sweaty and tired. A water bottle will help keep you hydrated.
    Calculator
    Even if you aren’t a STEM major, you will still be required to take at least one math and/or science course during your time at Clemson. This means you’ll likely need a calculator for a few of your classes. But don’t go rushing to the store to buy one just yet. You’ll want to check your syllabi first — some professors only allow certain types of calculators in their classes.