Chris Miller to resign as vice president for student affairs and dean of students

Clemson News // Courtesy
Chris Miller has served as Clemson’s vice president of student affairs and dean of students since 2019.

Chris Miller announced on Tuesday that he will be stepping down as Clemson’s vice president for student affairs and dean of students.

Miller did not say what his future plans are going forward or why he decided to step down. He has been with the University since 2016, when he joined Clemson as the dean of students and has held his current position since 2019.

“I consider my tenure at Clemson to be an honor and a privilege, and I will be forever grateful for my time here,” Miller said in a Clemson News release. “I have grown personally and professionally at this great university, and I look forward to my next challenge.”

Earlier this year, Miller and his wife, Julie, committed $50,000 to establish the Miller Family Endowment for the Student Experience, meant to provide extended and embellished student experiences.

Miller has been a supportive figure across campus, regularly attending scheduled student events such as a Turning Point USA speaker, a 2022 TigerLive drag show, as well as Young Americans for Freedom’s Michael Knowles event and the Take Back Pride March last semester, among other events. He has been a proponent of protecting student speech and has celebrated Clemson’s ability to provide a safe space for students to express themselves.

“It’s always good that our students have access to their campus,” Miller told The Tiger at the Take Back Pride Mach. “The ability to assemble and speak freely unencumbered just goes to the heart of what a university is and what a university is for.”

Miller plans to remain in his position until a replacement is found. Clemson will soon begin a national search for a successor.