Taylor Swift comes to Tigertown

Swifties%2C+get+ready+for+your+supreme+leader+to+come+to+Clemson+to+perform.+
@Clemsonfest // Instagram
Swifties, get ready for your supreme leader to come to Clemson to perform.

It’s official: Taylor Swift is coming to Clemson.

Swift’s fans, nicknamed Swifties, are known for scouring song lyrics, music videos, interviews and even red-carpet looks to find clues about her life and musical plans. That’s why when the upcoming Clemson Music Fest was announced and its headliners were released to the public, my first thought went to Swift for a few totally sane and viable reasons.

For one, the rap artist T-Pain is headlining the music festival. Now you might be wondering what T-Pain, a Grammy award-winning rapper known for songs like “Buy U a Drank” and “I’m on a Boat,” has in common with the one and only Taylor Swift.

Well, their connection began in 2008 when the two performed “Thug Story” together at the Country Music Awards. This comical rap was a parody of Swift’s recently released song “Love Story” on her album “Fearless.”

T-Pain and Swift’s past is not the only reason Swifties believe she will be a surprise performer at this year’s music festival. Swift has also taken a short break from her all-stadium tour, “The Eras Tour,” with her last show date being at the beginning of March. Her next show is in May, giving her optimal time to pop by Clemson for a reunion with her friend T-Pain. I mean, why else would she take a break from her record-setting tour?

Additionally, Swift’s highly-anticipated new album “The Tortured Poets Department” is being released on April 18 — just in time for the Clemson Music Fest! What better way to celebrate a new album than to perform it in front of hundreds at Clemson’s very first music festival?

If I haven’t convinced you yet, Clemson Music Fest is even hosting a Taylor Swift tribute. The band “Lover” is playing through Swift’s “Eras Tour” setlist. The band was inspired by her incredible tour and wanted to share her songs with those who couldn’t get tickets to her show. The Swifties are conspiring that it is definitely Swift and not a cover band; the Easter eggs are clear.

Get ready to watch Swift and T-Pain perform “Thug Story” for the first time in 16 years. One thing is for sure… Taylor Swift is coming to Clemson!

This article is satire as part of The Tiger’s April Fool’s edition, The Kitten. This story was written for comedic purposes and has no verifiable truth to it.