Paint it orange

Clemson University recently released a rendering for what the new Cooper Library will look like upon completion in 2029.
Photo: Caleb Browder, Picture Body Rendering: Sydney Westphal, Layout’s Last Hope

Recently, students have taken note of the paint cans which appeared on the fifth floor of Cooper Library before spring break. It’s been revealed that the University has plans to repaint Cooper Library in a coat of Clemson orange on its interior and exterior. All the books will be bound in orange covers with purple text to show school spirit.
Students were surveyed about the work that has already been done and one student was eager to share her thoughts.
Abigail Martin from Nashville, Tennessee said, “I see a red door and I want it painted orange. No colors anymore. I want them to turn orange.”
There have been positive reactions from the students, faculty and staff here at Clemson to continue with this renovation. Once the construction has been completed, the painting will begin. Since there is so much excitement for this new Clemson project, it is estimated that this work will begin on Friday, April 1.
The library will close at 2 a.m., its usual time, and will approximately take seven years to renovate completely, with one floor being painted each year.
Students are encouraged to find another study location until 2029.