Clemson takes down Boston College

Clemson forward Amani Freeman (34) shoots a free throw in Clemson’s win over Boston College at Littlejohn Coliseum on Feb. 1.

The Clemson women’s basketball team defeated Boston College on Thursday night, taking down the Eagles 65-55 at Littlejohn Coliseum.

Coming off a win over Wake Forest, The Tigers (10-12, 3-7 ACC) continued their success against the Eagles for their second straight victory.

Clemson guard Ruby Whitehorn set the tone early, giving the Tigers their first eight points on the board as she scored on back-to-back attempts from behind the arc.

Alongside Whitehorn, senior Mackenzie Kramer made impressive plays, scoring 7 points in the first half to propel the Tigers ahead.

Clemson held a double-digit lead but hit a drought at the end of the first half as the team struggled to reach the hoop for almost six minutes. Boston College closed the gap, but the Tigers still went into halftime up, 34-30.

The Eagles (11-12, 3-7 ACC) came out in the second half looking to speed up momentum, but Clemson’s offense itched to grow its lead, quickly scoring seven points in the first few minutes.

With just over six minutes left in the third quarter, Clemson forward Amari Robinson made a three-pointer and pushed the Tigers’ lead to 12. From that point forward, the Tigers were in control of the game and came away with the win.

Standout players for the Eagles included starting forward Teya Sidberry, who put up 13 points and guard Dontavia Waggoner, who shot 5-of-7 from the field and added 12.

Whitehorn led the Tigers in scoring, pouring in 19 points — just one shy of her career high. Kramer had a notable performance as well, scoring 12 points and four rebounds.

The Tigers shot 48.9% from the field but struggled to hold onto the ball, allowing the Eagles to score 19 points off 26 turnovers.

Clemson looks to keep this winning stretch alive as it hits the road to face off against Virginia, with tipoff set for Sunday at 4 p.m. at John Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville, Virginia.